Panos Pictures is looking for an assignments editor to oversee all commissions and assignments. He/she will be responsible for the day to day selection of photographers for assignments through to the final delivery of photography to the client. The assignments editor must develop and sustain relationships with Panos photographers, clients and organisations while seeking to expand our client base in the UK and overseas.
He/she will also oversee the Social Media output of the agency (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, PanosSOCIAL) and have a clear sense of the impact of the medium tied to the aims and objectives of the agency.
The assignments editor is a key member of the Panos Pictures’ team, working closely alongside the Editor and Multimedia team and reporting directly to the Director and Profile Director.
Role & responsibilities
• Liaise between clients and photographers
• Logistical organisation and support for photographers
• Negotiate contracts and fees
• Brief photographers for assignments
• Ensure correct and prompt delivery of photography
• Collect expenses and receipts on behalf of the photographer and agency
• Invoicing for assignments
• Meeting with clients
• Informing clients of photographers’ plans and whereabouts
• Keep abreast of new and emerging talent
• Responsible for social media output – regular updates on Twitter and Facebook, oversee production of SOCIAL page on Panos website
• Emergency response. Coordinating agency’s response when photographers find themselves in difficulties.
Skills and experience
• Some previous experience of organising and overseeing assignments
• Knowledge and experience of producing social media
• Good working knowledge of photoshop and other imaging software
• Organisational, communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
• Photo editing skills
• European language preferably French, German, Italian or Spanish
• HTML and WordPress blogs
• Bachelors degree in a relevant subject
Salary based on experience.
Interested applicants should please send a covering letter and CV for the attention of Francesca firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 31st March, interviews will be week beginning 14th April.