News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world’s most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
We are seeking a Syndication Sales Executive (for a 15 month contract) who will work with existing and new customers in licensing content across the world. You will be required to demonstrate thorough knowledge of our content , a clear understanding of the licensing of content and the ability to build and develop relationships with editorial teams and contributors enabling you to identify and drive new sales opportunities.
Key Tasks / Result Areas
• Drive monthly sales to achieve/exceed personal targets and in support of the overall revenue targets. Ensure you are aware of the value of each sale by having a good understanding of our royalty commitments and any cost of sale
• Ensure all customer inquiries/opportunities are dealt with promptly and efficiently
• Maintain up to date knowledge of all systems used by the Syndication team and input to the development roadmap of ‘local systems’ e.g. CRM, ecommerce & Profile websites
• Create opportunities to develop new sales/contract opportunities with customers by presenting our products and services to them
• Develop creative new ‘content packages’/services for sale
• Ensure your customers receive daily mail shots (as appropriate) and have access to view relevant collections via our e-Commerce platforms
• Develop a good working knowledge of syndication contracts, including agent agreements, and any exclusivity offered which needs to observed
• Develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders e.g. Contributors, Editorial departments, etc
• Ensure full compliance with CRM processes and input all sales leads, opportunities and associated outcomes in real-time
• Follow up with lapsed customers to understand their requirements with a view to re-establishing a business relationship
• Assist with the development and implementation of marketing strategies to existing and new customers to drive sales opportunities
• Clear rights with contributors where the rights status is unclear or they are not yet signed up to syndicate
• Liaise with Editorial departments to establish content rights and clearance
• Have an excellent understanding of your sector/territories and continually look for opportunities to extend the scope of News Syndication and increase its customer base
• Work with and provide direction to Sales Support team in support of meeting our customers requirements
• Determine annual sales strategy for your sector and input to overall department sales strategy
• Participate in sales/creative meetings to share customer experiences and content information/opportunities
• Be involved in the planning process and exhibiting at trade shows to maximise the effectiveness
• Proven prospecting, negotiation and closing skills
• Excellent understanding of the sales cycle, including personal and departmental performance against targets
• Strong understanding of copyright and content licensing
• Read trade press, quality press and relevant information to maintain up to date knowledge for the media and syndication marketplace.
Please send CV & covering letter to Darren Hendry: Darren@newssyndication.com