Spotted on the News Corp Australia site
News Corp Australia is the nation’s largest media company operating more than 150 household-name brands across print, digital and multimedia including Newspapers, The Cairns Post, The Australian and news.com.au. We are proud to be a central part of News Corp, a leading global network of powerful brands in news and information services, sports programming in Australia, digital real estate services, book publishing, digital education and pay TV distribution in Australia including Fox Sports, Dow Jones, Harper Collins, Realestate.com.au and The Wall Street Journal.
Working with our Cairns Post publication, this is a pivotal role, capturing pictures and video to support agenda-setting stories across print and digital platforms. This is a rare opportunity to join our award winning team of press photographers during a time of key transformation.
You will be ideas-driven and responsible for the generation of exclusive photographs and video. You will adhere to the newspaper’s policy of accuracy, fairness, balance, and trust and work well both autonomously and in a team environment.
You will be a highly skilled Press Photographer with good news judgement and adaptability to changing systems. You will also need to demonstrate the following:
• Photographic skill: Ability to quickly capture the essence of stories in a single picture or collection of images.
• An understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and Camera Bits Photo Mechanic would be an advantage
• Time management: Ability to take pictures and video, write captions, process images and fulfil other organisational tasks within newsroom deadlines.
• Generate ideas: Ability to come up with ideas for news pictures and spreads that provide our readers with a great looking paper.
• Communication and team skills: Ability to work well with other newsroom staff and build strong relationships with the wider community.
• Must provide own equipment, laptop and vehicle
• Flexible with extra hours/shifts required
Full details and apply