Vacancy: Staff Videographer / Photographer
Location: London & New York
Barcroft Media, one of the world’s leading content producers, is seeking a talented multi-disciplined videographer / photographer to join our award-winning editorial team.
Barcroft Media creates, licenses, publishes and distributes news and factual entertainment to publishers, broadcasters and digital platforms in over 50 countries. Our flagship channel, Barcroft TV, is one of YouTube’s most watched channels, with over 2.5 million subscribers and over 2 billion views to date, whilst Barcroft Productions produce multiple factual series and documentaries for TV broadcasters around the globe. Through the activities of our teams in London, New Delhi and New York, Barcroft has become one of the world’s leading daily providers of factual content.
This fantastic opportunity has arisen for a hard-working self-shooting Producer/Director to join our editorial team. The successful candidate will work on assignments with reporters and producers, shooting and delivering stills and video on a daily basis, building on their existing skills and gaining an excellent grounding in cutting-edge journalism. Initially this post will be based at our London HQ, before being seconded to New York.
Ideal candidates will:
• be a confident self-shooter of both stills and video, proficient with FS7 camera and with previous experience of factual documentary film-making.
• be experienced in editing both stills and video.
• be passionate about factual content, possessing a strong visual sense with the ability to align with our editorial style.
• be extremely well organized, self-sufficient and able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
• be an excellent communicator and enjoy working with and representing the company to a wide variety of people.
• be a team player and possess a positive attitude with a strong desire to learn and develop.
• possess the necessary initiative and drive to succeed in often challenging circumstances to achieve both individual and company objectives.
In June 2016, Channel 4 invested in Barcroft Media, as part of the broadcaster’s Growth Fund initiative.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 3rd March 2017