Product Specialist – Entertainment
You are responsible for maintaining and growing revenue of our entertainment products and services. You must be comfortable with aggressive sales targets and working collaboratively across the sales teams, thus creating future opportunities for entertainment. The role is responsible to assist in all aspects of day-to-day servicing of accounts who primarily request photo and video assignments of entertainment events and celebrities with the ability to recognize new business leads. These clients include major entertainment companies and studios, award shows, luxury brands, PR companies, publishing, fashion shows and houses, theatrical premieres, film festivals, and entertainment parties.
You are responsible for servicing clients during major entertainment events with photo or video assignments, solving problems and facilitating sales through ensuring content is edited and delivered to clients per requirements. You will achieve this by working with the photographers and other cross functional teams, like production, entertainment editorial assignments and picture desk. There may be occasional opportunities to work in the field to assist the team at major entertainment events.
The role will also liaise with clients in partnership with other sales team in pitches to provide the entertainment and celebrity expertise and guidance. For example, the licensing of celebrity personalities or other complicated elements of entertainment content licensing and assignments for commercial or editorial uses.
You will be results focused, self-motivated, and organized, with expert attention to detail, excellent communications skills, and experience in the PR, creative agency, digital media and entertainment industry. If you have management and new business skills, this would be highly desired.
Your Next Challenge:
- Grow product revenue by understanding business needs and issues and devising effective sales strategies.
- Engage with customers to create opportunities, deepening relationships through face-to-face meetings
- Proactively identify commercial opportunities through client meetings/networking, raising the profile of the Entertainment Team within the industry.
- Consistently reviewing the assigned account base to lock in revenue opportunities.
- Handling customer service tasks including image quotations & licensing, solicitation, inquiries, negotiation, and problem resolution. Sales activities include profiling clients, credit applications, customer and company set-up, invoicing and billing, creating event IDs, expenses, CRM management, and generating sales reports.
- Work closely with the other sales teams to identify opportunities and make recommendations providing subject matter expertise and guidance.
- Cultivates and maintains expert knowledge of the product and the overall industry.
- Responsible for understanding the entire Getty product suite (company products, creative services, new technologies) and identifying opportunities to partner with other areas of the business; work cross-departmentally to achieve goals.
- Works a flexible schedule – days and some nights and weekends required based on your client needs.
What You’ll Need:
- Desired 3-5 years relevant experience in the specified field of Entertainment. This role focuses on entertainment, celebrity and media markets; therefore, the ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of current events, celebrities and entertainment.
- Desired 3-5 years of experience in negotiating, handling high touch/large volume accounts and media knowledge.
- Proven consistent results meeting or exceeding sales targets and the ability to present solutions, persuade, negotiate and close a sale.
- Strong customer service and communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships. Experience as an Account Manager is helpful.
- Ability to build rapport with client contacts and long-term relationships. Understand their business direction; understand medium to long term goals
- Highly organized and can handle multiple assignments, managing projects and delivery expectations to clients on tight deadlines.
- Ability to be agile, remain focused and make smart decisions in a rapidly changing, often ambiguous environment.
- Proficient to advanced computer literacy (MS Office Tools and preferably the MS CRM system or Sales Force)
- Extracurricular activities, Media, Public Relations or other related degree and/or work experience demonstrate passion and knowledge for celebrity current events or entertainment.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images’ value offering, iStock by Getty Images, offers tens of millions of stock photos, illustrations, videos and audio tracks sourced from the crowd and available via simple, affordable pricing. A site “by creatives, for creatives,” iStock helps creatives and businesses large and small produce beautiful communications on a budget. Combining iStock’s exclusive global contributor community with Getty Images creative trend expertise, iStock delivers the company’s renowned gold-standard quality, curating millions of premium quality images and videos only available at iStock.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories and the iStock Blog. Find iStock on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, or download the iStock app where you can easily search, save and share superior images to create standout visual communications.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.