Job Title: Archive Digitiser
Location: Vector Park, Feltham
Reports to Name: Kevin Wood
Reports to Job Title: Archive Manager
To assist in the digitisation of a motorsport photographic archive. This primarily involves scanning negatives and slides using a digital SLR camera and processing the scans using digital imaging software. It also involves adding caption information and tagging images with keywords, and may involve assisting with the editing process to decide which photos will be scanned.
- Handling and scanning photographic negatives and slides
- Re-naming and checking scanned image files
- Processing camera RAW colour files in Photoshop
- Captioning photos and adding keywords in Photo Mechanic
- To maintain a consistent rate of scanning and image processing
- To spot any errors and correct them or notify the supervisor
Skills and Experience Required:
- Basic computing skills essential
- Basic Photoshop skills preferred but not essential. All necessary training will be provided.
- An interest in the history of motor racing is preferrered.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org