International Assignments Editor
Picfair is an investment-backed image marketplace based in East London. Our revolutionary model allows any type of photographer, from any background, and of any level of experience, to set their own image fees and keep 80% of their royalties. Over the past three years, we’ve built a library of over 5 million images, and a contributor base of over 30,000 advocate photographers in 130 countries.
We are now turning our attention towards revenue generation across multiple channels. Alongside our core licensing business, we’re looking to initiate and grow a global assignments network. We’re looking for someone to help us build it from the ground up.
We’re looking for an ambitious, well-connected candidate to set up and manage an international assignments department, drawing on our extensive global database of world-class photographers. The International Assignments Manager will work hand-in-hand with our regular clients across the spectrum of publishers, travel companies and advertising agencies, to pitch, secure and realise photo assignments. The successful candidate will need to be highly organised with a deep understanding of photographic assignments, excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story while keeping within a specific brief and budget.
The candidate must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last-minute changes in a 24/7 production work environment. Photographic Industry knowledge as must. Desired experience and skills:
- A self-starter with an engaging personality and exceptional leadership, communication, networking and persuasion skills.
- Experience in photographic assignments; news, creative, entertainment or sport.
- ‘Can do’ attitude with lots of common sense; the ability to judge a situation and make decisions with conviction.
- Available to work non-traditional schedules including evenings and weekends when required. Possibly at late notice.
- Ability to create a manageable workflow and keep a transferable diary.
- Experience working with budgets and keeping admin, expenses and accounts in tight order.
- Some invoicing, travel booking and payments admin required – attention to detail a must.
- Some picture editing skills desirable.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written / languages preferable.
- Software: Photo Mechanic, Adobe, Excel, Google Docs, and file sharing systems.
With the support of the Picfair Team, the International Assignments Editor will be solely in charge of executing and fulfilling client briefs, managing a complex diary, keeping to budget, assigning photographers, being the main point of contact; for both photographer and client, editing and delivering images, responding accordingly to feedback. They may also be expected to book travel and accommodation where necessary.
This is a role we expect to develop into a fully-functioning and self-sustaining arm of Picfair – growth is unlimited.
Execute initial intensive set-up phase with introductions to selected photographers.
Build on client base, photographer base and in-house resources to turn around assignments and always deliver.
Work with support and direction from sales team and operations team to identify key clients and top photographers.
Develop structures and workflows, help with the planning and creation of new tools to increase process efficiency.
Work with the CEO to create a sustainable, long-term department with a strong revenue stream.
When & Where?
Picfair is looking for the candidate to start ASAP on an initial 6-month contract, based from their office in Spitalfields, East London.
Please send a brief introductory email with your CV attached to email@example.com