Business Development Manager
Picfair is an investment-backed image marketplace based in east London, aiming to turn the image licensing industry on its head. Their revolutionary model allows contributors – both professional and amateur – to set their own image fees, and keep 80% of their royalties. Carefully, over the past three years, they’ve built a library of over 4.5 million images, much of it exclusive, uploaded by 25,000 advocate photographers in 130 countries. The images range from contemporary street-style reportage to classic stock, and have already been licensed by top-tier publications across the UK, including the Guardian, Time Inc, Rough Guides, and Lonely Planet.
Having built up a deep library and a powerful curation technology, they are now turning their attention towards revenue generation, focusing on multiple sectors.
This is an opportunity to join this business as they go to market.
• You will have proven results and depth of experience selling creative imagery across a range of agency, publishing and corporate business.
• You know how to develop targeted presentation material to take to medium and large organisations ideally from your existing contact list.
• You will have highly developed communication and social skills and a good aptitude for collaboration. You can demonstrate the skills that enabled you to hunt out new lucrative revenue streams in your current role.
• You can work independently and with discipline in return you will have the freedom and responsibility to make decisions independently.
• A pro-active, pragmatic and down-to-earth attitude would suit the company culture well.
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned revenue targets
• Skillful and collaborative in working with senior level management on client accounts.
• Use a proactive, consultative selling approach for long-term relationship building.
• Establish multiple level contacts within assigned accounts. Present to, consult with and cultivate relationships with buyers at levels.
• Knowledge and understanding of the appropriate client sector.
• Work closely with management to identify and develop business opportunities within your accounts and new sectors.
• Track and maintain target sales forecast and pipeline activity reports.
• CRM – Maintain accurate, thorough, updated and timely notes along with developing key account plans.
• Experience managing and developing assigned accounts is essential. A consultative sales approach combined with measurable success with new business generation is critical.
• Picture and footage researches and other administrative tasks
• Initiating and supporting marketing activities
Position starts ASAP. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV.