As a Communications Manager, this person will play a key role in driving the continued growth of the Motorsport Network’s expertise in communications and PR. You will be responsible for the execution of internal and external communications strategies, PR planning and roll out of press events and campaigns. We are looking for someone who can represent our business in a highly professional manner, an innovative thinker who is responsible for managing the public image of the Company. In addition, the candidate should demonstrate that they are well connected and versed in the press and can manage all areas of their communications plan.
- Lead the development and implementation of internal and external communications plans linked to company strategy, campaigns and business priorities
- Identify opportunities to improve communications
- Build and maintain media lists for the different businesses within Motorsport Network
- Manage and build exceptional relationships with the media
- Investigate and propose suitable metrics for measuring the effectiveness of communications
- Create and deliver a planned calendar of events
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision
- Work out of hours
- Handle media enquiries
- Internal stakeholder management and approvals.
- Comms plans aligned to insights on target audience, business and product objectives, as well as KPI setting.
- Press release and internal comms crafting to include copy, images and videos
- Creative and successful internal comms strategy and activity to be delivered via a suite of channels/methods – email, all hands, workplace, podcasts, etc
- Comms activity review, analysis of results and recommendations for improvement.
- Clean up, development, segmentation and maintenance of media distribution list
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience of working with automotive and/or sports media
- Experience of delivering communications campaigns
- Attention to detail
- Delivery and results focused
- Copy writing skills
- Creative thinking
- Professional discipline
- Proofreading skills
- Understanding of all communications platforms and outlets
- Experience in the automotive and/or motorsport media world
- Existing relationships within media that can be leveraged
- Experience of writing press releases is essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of journalism, communications, public relations, or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in working at a public relations/marketing/digital agency
- Exceptional written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Resourceful, creative, and analytical thinker
- Strong decision-making, research and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong planning, preparation and execution skills.
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
More about Motorsport Network