Bridgeman Images is the prestigious international fine art, photography and footage archive specializing in licensing
fine art, cultural and historical content. Founded in 1972, the company’s headquarters is in London’s Notting Hill
Gate with offices in New York, Paris, Berlin and Bologna. The company represents over 2500 museums, galleries,
artists, estates, photographers and archives worldwide. It has a global customer base among a wide variety of
sectors: including Newspapers & Magazines, Trade and Educational publishers, TV and Film Studios, Product
Companies (Print on Demand, Stationery product, etc.), Corporate and Agencies active in Design and Advertising.
The company is embarking on an ambitious program to enhance the content it represents while remaining loyal to
its core of Art, Culture and History.
Job Description: Content Partner Manager, Footage & Film Stills
The primary responsibility of this role is to actively grow the number of Content Partners specialising in footage content and film stills that Bridgeman Images represents globally.
The second responsibility is to nurture and maintain excellent relationships with existing Footage & Film Stills Content Partners, with the objective to generate additional revenue, enhance loyalty, and increase content in support of delivering the global content strategy.
The role reports into the Global Head of Content Strategy & Partnerships.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Identify, reach out to, and sign-up Content Partners specializing in footage or film stills content, in line with the priorities outlined in the Content Strategy.
• Maintain and nurture relationships with existing Footage and Film Stills Content Partners with the objective to secure new and relevant content, renew contracts and improve their loyalty.
• Work closely with the sales teams globally and provide them with Content to reach their annual sales targets.
• Conduct annual and semi-annual Partner reviews with assigned Content Partners to define and implement actions to improve Partner Loyalty.
• Re/negotiate contractual terms with assigned Content Partners.
• Provide input into the definition of the Global Content Strategy with emphasis on footage and film stills.
• Conduct initial and subsequent audits of our footage and film stills archive to ensure that the content complies with any third party licensing requirements, is catalogued in accordance with industry conventions whilst educating and advising our Sales teams on how to navigate the complexities of licensing these types of content.
• Work closely with Marketing, Product, Sales, IT, Finance and Bridgeman’s sister company, the Artists’ Collecting Society in ensuring that Bridgeman’s Content Partners extract maximum value from their representation by Bridgeman.
Tasks may change and evolve depending on changing content requirements.
Main Performance Indicators (Subject to change):
• Number of new Footage Content Partners signed up in line with the content strategy.
• Number of new Film Stills Content Partners signed up in line with the content strategy.
• Number of Footage and Film Stills Content Partner contracts timely renewed in accordance with the Content Partnership Team’s annual set of objectives.
• Amount of new footage clips and film stills brought into the archive from new and existing Content Partners.
• Number of annual and semi-annual reviews conducted each year, specifically improving existing content partner loyalty and content.
• A good understanding of Art, Culture and History, with 5-10 years’ experience working within an archival, licensing or cultural environment focussing on footage and film stills.
• Fluent in English is a must and ideally French and one additional language in either German or Italian.
• Graduate qualification in Archival Footage, Cultural Studies or Arts Management.
• Strong technical knowledge of archival and contemporary footage.
• Experience and knowledge of the complexities in licensing film stills from both archival and modern films.
• General knowledge of copyright and content licensing.
• A confident, enthusiastic, and innovative team player, experienced in working independently and handling a demanding, varied workload.
• Comfortable working in a team environment with accountability to achieve group and individual targets and timelines.
• Commercial mindset and a good feel for numbers and how these can support decision making.
• Appropriate software and hardware skills with proficiency in excel, and ideally a working understanding of a CRM tool
• Willingness to travel.
• Resourceful, highly organized and detail oriented who displays a flexible and positive attitude to sign up new Content Partners.
• A relationship builder both internally and externally
• Enthusiastic to be part of a small, passionate, and dedicated team.
• A motivated team player with excellent time management, who understands that effective growth can only be realised if the Content Partnership Team work effectively and harmoniously together and in consultation with the Sales, Product, and Marketing teams.
• Proactive, takes responsibility and works with initiative, energy, and a good sense of humour.
To apply: Edward.Whitley@bridgemanimages.com