The Syndication & Licensing division of Trinity Mirror is seeking to recruit a Digital Commerce Manager, based in Canary Wharf. This is a really exciting opportunity to join the team responsible for the management and development of our group intellectual licensing programmes, including the extensive photographic picture library Mirrorpix.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror Group
Trinity Mirror Group, with an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products, is one of the UK’s largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across sixty-plus locations around the country.
Our drive to capture, present and analyse the news inspired the launch of our very first papers in the early 19th Century. And today our commitment is just as strong. Whether via page or screen, our audiences get the trusted, reliable news service they have come to expect. Our loyal readers and advertisers are attracted by the knowledge, insight and vital services that our iconic brands provide. None of this would be possible without our dedicated employees driving the business forward.
The Digital Commerce Manager will lead the re-design, expansion and ongoing management of our online picture syndication portal, Mirrorpix.com. The role will encompass a brief to develop new digital properties to support the ambitions of our commercial licensing team and to capitalise on new opportunities to further expand the licensed distribution of our intellectual property assets.
This role will suit an individual who is just as comfortable picking up the reins to manage an existing website as they are conceiving and building a completely new one. Reporting to the Content Sales Director, you will be able to demonstrate an up to date and impressive portfolio of websites and digital properties that you have designed, built and/or had lead management responsibility for.
- Oversee re-launch of Mirrorpix.com, to deliver expanded e-commerce and client self-serve opportunities
- Day to day lead across the design, function and presentation of S&L’s digital properties, including but not limited to Mirrorpix.com
- Report to the Content Sales Director and team-leads on website performance, proposed technical improvements and issues
- Liaise closely with the commercial licensing team to ensure we are providing them with the appropriate digital resources to support their licensing activities
- Work hand in hand with the archive to ensure the digital window on to our collections is proactively refreshed and illuminates and showcases our collections effectively
- Work in tandem with our Marketing team to mutually ensure that our marketing, commercial and digital activities are completely harmonised
- Working independently and via engagement with the commercial and archive teams, identify potential new digital opportunities then draft and execute project plans to deliver them
The Ideal Candidate:
- You will possess a strong flair for creativity with the ability to channel this into commercial presentations
- You will be highly articulate and a strong team player
- You must be able to work independently – with an ability to focus on delivering projects on-time and under budget no matter what distractions a busy news media environment might throw at you
- You will have proven and demonstrable experience in utilising web authoring, design and web analytical tools
- The ability to collaborate is key – You will be able to listen to and interpret briefs accurately, often being able to interpret what your colleague wants even if they’re not sure themselves.
- Experience gained in the licensing or visual publishing industries is especially welcomed
What You Need To Know
In addition to competitive salaries, bonus structures (if applicable) and a contributory pension scheme, Trinity Mirror Group plc offer a whole host of voluntary flexible benefits. These include a car scheme, holiday purchase, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme, staff discounts, season tickets & parking loans and an employee assistance programme.
We are committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process. We will be reviewing applications as they are received so please don’t delay in submitting your application.