Caters Media Group Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
About the job
Caters Media Group is an exciting international multimedia company who lead from the front when sourcing, creating and distributing amazing video and image content to the world’s largest media outlets.
With 7 offices on 4 continents so have a global reach and a client base including some of the world’s most popular social media pages, websites and television shows, These clients demand top quality, must-watch viral content on a daily basis and rely on us to supply the latest breaking, hilarious, shocking and quirky viral videos that audiences want to view and share. Our in-house brands are followed by millions on Instagram, TikTok and Facebook as well as YouTube, digital-out-of-home and OTT platforms.
A rare opportunity has arisen in our Birmingham based UGC (User-Generated Content) Video Team for a creative and dynamic person to lead and supercharge our amazing acquisition team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated person who relishes the chance to lead from the front, switched on to what makes a great video before it goes viral, as well as a good communicator with their team to increase productivity throughout.
The successful candidate role will be responsible for the management and oversight of the company’s UGC dept in the UK, overseeing all aspects of the UGC video dept from in-house training, daily workflow, increasing performance, growth strategy as well as feeding into and collaborating with other internal stakeholders to fine tune and maximise our output, as well as working to ensure the smooth transition between global UGC teams.
If you have a talent in identifying the latest viral video, a great teacher to those in your team, then you are the person for us!
• This requires the winning candidate to lead by example with a strong understanding in the sourcing, acquisition and licensing of viral video content
• A talented and inspiring educator who can communicate effectively with their acquisition team to increase performance both in quantity and quality.
• An analytical insight into the forever changing viral video market to ensure that we always stay ahead of our competitors and acquire on a daily basis only the best UGC videos.
• Contribute, identify and implement initiatives processes to ensure successful acquisition of content, overcoming any hurdles along the way.
• Ensure that all in their team carry out due diligence by identifying and verifying correct copyright holders of content.
• Successfully work both independently and collaboratively within an international team environment.
Skills and experience:
• Some knowledge and experience within content licensing in particular UGC video acquisition.
• A track record of meeting and beating targets
• Great communication skills and ability to give clear direction to your team through constructive advice and insights
• Meticulous attention to detail with a strong an analytical eye on identifying viral video trends as well knowing how to exploit them in a fast paced and competitive market
The position will normally be based at our head office in the Jewellery Quarter, Birmingham, but current government guidelines mean you will be temporarily working remotely. All interviews will be conducted via Zoom until further notice.
To apply, send your CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the words ‘HEAD OF UGC ACQUISITIONS ROLE’ in the email subject line.