Job Title: Media Sales & Licensing Executive
Department: Commercial Services
Location: IWM London
Directorate Reports to: Commercial Services and Operations Head of Media Sales & Licensing
Salary: £21,315 per annum + 20.0% employer pension contribution
Salary Level: Grade 14
Normal Working Hours: 36 hours net per week
We are one of the world’s leading authorities on conflict and its impact on people’s lives – from 1914 through to the present day and beyond. Our collections are filled with personal stories and experiences, inspiring powerful and often conflicting emotions. We aim to share these stories with as many audiences as possible across the world in a way that engages and challenges them, increasing understanding of why we go to war and the effect that conflict has on people’s lives. In other words, we expect our stories to change the way people think about war.
We rely on our staff to help us achieve this aspiration. You should be able to demonstrate the skills and competencies set out below, but equally we are looking for people who believe in what we do and who we are, and can treat every colleague, customer or visitor with respect, courtesy and honesty. We expect our staff to work flexibly and with enthusiasm. These are the qualities that make IWM such an extraordinary place to work.
Media Sales & Licensing
Many of the materials from the IWM’s image, sound and film collections are available to purchase and license for use in commercial projects and for private use. High resolution images, audio files and clips are accessible for creative professionals all over the world and used in many different ways; from book covers to documentary films. In order to grow revenue for the museum, we have ambitious plans to develop our ecommerce business and build relationships from new revenue channels.
Purpose of the job
To generate revenues from IWM content assets across multiple territories. Working as part of the commercial team, this role is responsible for managing and developing both existing client business and building new commercial relationships to grow revenues across multiple market sectors worldwide. Specific responsibilities include improvements in business growth, revenue generation and customer service quality.
We are looking for a proactive, target driven individual who will actively seek out new sales opportunities and expand existing client relationships. The ideal candidate will have a love of imagery and an interest in twentieth century military history. Experience in a sales and research role within the museum or archive industry is required.
You will be expected to work independently as well as across different teams in order to contribute to and deliver the priorities of IWM – using your knowledge, skills, talent and potential to the best of your ability.
You will focus at all times on delivering excellent customer service, ensure value for money at all times while being professional, courteous and demonstrating the behaviours and attributes expected of all IWM employees. You will also adhere to all corporate standards, and use corporate systems as directed to ensure consistency of service, brand and operational standards.
You will be expected to work across departments effectively, working with individuals, partners and where appropriate volunteers.
You will identify and implement learning and development needs for both yourself and your team, including volunteers, if appropriate.
Process and procedures
• Respond promptly to image rights and licensing enquiries, advising customers on options relating to use of IWM images and working to ensure the needs of the customer and IWM’s targets are supported.
• Negotiate fees relating to use of IWM images and supply the appropriate digital files for final use
• Actively seek out and engage with business development opportunities, by involvement in activities such as email campaigns and attending industry events. This includes both editorial and commercial markets.
• Assisting with research to develop commercially led selections of IWM content for ecommerce platforms
• Build and maintain relationships with new and existing clients through phone calls and meetings to assess their requirements and how the IWM archive can meet their needs
• Developing a good knowledge of the IWM collections and liaising with curators to help customers find the content they need on the collection website
• Maintain accurate records related to image rights and licensing, and other records as necessary.
• Support Finance with payment reconciliation for image rights and licensing
• Provide monthly and quarterly reporting on business activities for image rights and licensing.
• To identify and develop areas for improvements in business growth, revenue generation, customer service quality and efficiencies.
In addition, your duties will include:
1. To take responsibility for the input, management and reporting of all customer data into our CRM, that relates to the customer enquiries that you are personally responsible for. This will include ensuring that all data protection procedures are effectively followed.
2. To take active responsibility for the development of sales leads that derives from customer enquiries.
3. To nurture extensive working relationships with key stakeholders across the museum. This will focus, in particular, on colleagues in our Collections and Research & Interpretation departments.
4. To take responsibility for the effective management of all financial and contractual procedures within your control. This will include actively implementing all processes related to the achievement of our PCI compliance goals.
Minimum Qualifications Educated to O level standard, or GCSE grade A – C or equivalent with an active interest and knowledge of 20th _ 21st century history through advanced formal training or job-related discipline.
Skills and Experience required Proven experience of working in a commercial environment
Experience of dealing with customer enquiries, with a working knowledge of using systems to input and manage customer data
Proven track record of meeting deadlines and targets preferably in a sales environment
Experience of dealing with financial transactions
Apply via our online application form. Click apply at the bottom left of this page.
Please note we do not accept CV’s, you will be required to fill in an online application form.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 2 pm, Wednesday 6 December 2017.
We will be holding initial telephone interviews on Friday 8 December 2017.
Following this shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face interviews taking place on Friday 15 December 2017.
Please note that the interview date has been specifically chosen according to the availability of the panel. You are advised to keep this date free if you are interested in this vacancy. We are unable to reschedule interviews.
We regret that if you have not heard from us within three weeks of the closing date your application, in this instance, has been unsuccessful.
IWM is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunities.