OTTO is dedicated to licensing the work of preeminent architects and designers as captured by master contemporary photographers.
With an unparalleled focus on customer service and an unequalled website and file delivery system, OTTO’s commitment to clients and photographers distinguishes it from other agencies. OTTO’s founders and staff pride themselves on decades of collective experience in the photography and syndication business, as well as holding in-depth client and partner relationships around the world. OTTO offers images that are as current as they are stylistically relevant and is a creative partner for clients looking for an innovative and customer focused resource of existing imagery. OTTO represents the works of leading photographers such as Scott Frances, Peter Aaron, Tim Street-Porter, Michael Moran, Floto + Warner, Peter Bennetts, Richard Barnes, Lisa Romerein, Björn Wallander, Eric Piasecki, Benjamin Benschneider, James Ewing and Åke E:son Lindman to name a few.
Job Description for OTTO photo editor and production coordinator:
The primary focus of this position is editing, production, key wording and photographer relations.
This position is responsible for maintaining the flow of submissions of new work and day-to-day relationships with existing OTTO photographers through regular communication and general attention to our partnerships with our photographers, including their studio managers and agents.
The position is also responsible for all production related needs for photographers as it relates to image submissions to OTTO.
• Full understanding of the complete OTTO production process.
• Job tracking, including maintaining an intimate knowledge of what the photographers are producing through direct communication with the photographers, their studio managers and their agents.
• Editing for syndication needs. Choosing selects appropriate for the Commercial and Editorial markets.
• Quality control of corresponding data and restrictions on each session, which may include retrieving information from photographers’ studios, agents or other sources.
• Key wording and session data related to each shoot submitted for syndication. Apply all relevant job information including restrictions and embargos, styling credits, metadata etc. This includes monitoring incoming sessions, including corresponding submission forms and related data, and preparing the sessions for syndication on the OTTO client sites.
• Development and maintenance of the OTTO controlled vocabulary or keyword list.
• Liaison between sales staff and photographers’ studios for on demand production related to urgent sale requests, such as coordinating necessary retouching for pending sales. Will have direct communication with photographers’ retouching studios.
Position will have other duties assigned as necessary.
• Appreciation of the craft and affinity for the photography profession.
• Knowledge and interest in Architecture and Design preferred.
• Prefer a minimum of 3 years of syndication agency experience, or in the photography market with duties that included: editing, production related to syndication, key wording, customer service, picture research, and intellectual property rights.
• Prefer experience in the design/architecture, public relations, magazine, or photography industry. Prior production experience as it relates to syndication also beneficial.
• In-depth knowledge of digital technology and production techniques.
• Knowledge of magazine production and editorial needs.
• Bachelor of Arts Degree.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are essential.
• Attention to detail and quality a must.
• Must be able to take action effectively with a minimum of direction when working as a part of a team and work well independently as needed.
• Follow up is equally imperative to ensure successful execution of assignments and continuing client and photographer satisfaction. A positive, enthusiastic, team player that is flexible, and capable managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
Apply – Info@ottoarchive.com Title the Email ‘photo editor and production coordinator’