The Picture Library Archivist supports the small team in ensuring the photographic archive is maintained to the expected level. The picture library is staffed daily so some weekend working will be involved.
The visuals department has a unique position within TMG as it provides content for all departments across all platforms and has a presence within the working environment for all periods the office is staffed. The team works closely with every editorial department to ensure all content is lead by the very best imagery available.
- Ensure all published images and images placed into the photo archive by the picture desk are accurately captioned and contain sufficient metadata.
- Record all image publications in The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Telegraph and associated supplements to assist the Picture Payments Processor.
- Scan and index images from negatives that were published in earlier decades, ensuring the correct caption and publication details are recorded.
- Load and resize pocket cartoons and enter metadata to enable easy searching.
- Find all images used to build offline graphics and enter the publication details.
- Check updated information provided by editorial agencies and amend copyright and licensing details as necessary.
- Strong knowledge and experience of editorial keywording and metadata.
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively – the thought of keywording over 500 images per day will not phase you!
- A keen eye for accuracy and detail.
- Strong research skills to locate copyrights and sources of ‘orphan’ works.
- Resourceful, creative and quick-thinking.
- Previous experience within a photo library or editorial photo archive.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.