Mary Evans Picture Library is the UK’s leading specialist resource for historical and cinema images and has been supplying the publishing, media and design industries with images from its extensive archives for more than fifty years. We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable member of staff to pro-actively support our Head of Sales and Research in developing and building revenue among a wide range of new and existing clients. Working as part of a small but dedicated sales and research team, you will be self-motivated and a great communicator, with an excellent general knowledge and demonstrable passion for history, heritage, cinema and the Mary Evans brand. You will be able to engage customers on all levels by confidently articulating the library’s unique offering and convert leads and prospects into quantifiable revenue growth.
Responsibilities will include:
• Pro-active development of business with new and existing clients via telephone, email and face to face visits.
• Regular contact with clients in order to check on project progress and to maintain good long term working relationships.
• Supporting the Head of Sales and Research with sales and marketing projects.
• Occasional picture research to provide cover for colleagues.
• Attendance at relevant trade shows.
Skills and qualifications ideally required
• Excellent communication and telephone skills.
• Prior experience working in sales in a similar environment.
• Outgoing and confident.
• A high standard of written and spoken English.
• A broad general knowledge and demonstrable interest in history and cinema.
• Proven administrative experience and computer literacy.
• Proven ability to prioritise work.
Please visit our website at www.maryevans.com for more information about the library.
To apply, please send your CV, along with a covering letter in support of your application, and your salary expectation, via email to Paul Brown at email@example.com
Or by post to:
Mary Evans Picture Library
59 Tranquil Vale