Are you a passionate people leader who is also determined and accountable for results?
We have an opportunity in the US for a Sales Manager to lead and inspire a team of 4 Account Development Managers each managing different business areas. Your team will develop business within existing accounts and you’ll also lead by example and take responsibility for your own revenue target.
There couldn’t be a more exciting time to join Alamy as we look forward to a fantastic future as part of the PA Media Group who share our ethos of integrity and quality.
What you’ll be doing …
- You’ll coach team members to optimize performance via a continual conversation, active listening and skilled questioning approach
- You’ll collaborate and involve the team on implementing strategy within target market, motivating your team to exceed targets by articulating the vision into practical solutions.
- Set quarterly targeted performance and personal objectives that align with business goals and be accountable for team targets
- Recruit and onboard new talent, demonstrating an excellent knowledge of the market and resource management to build high performing teams
- Report team sales performance, identifying and formulating plans for any areas for concern and manage expenditure budget across the team.
Account Development Sales
- You’ll strive to exceed annual sales targets for a selection of existing customers
- Manage and develop assigned and newly registered customers under a contract with a revenue commitment
- Strive to understand the prospective customer, identifying opportunities and tailoring your approach for growth with accounts at every possible touchpoint
- Adopting a portfolio management approach to high level spending accounts, reviewing performance regularly and forming strong professional relationships to enhance the customer experience
- Network and build relationships with customer contacts ranging from picture researchers to procurement and senior management, in order to optimize and grow revenue across the whole organization
- Calculate and roll out preferential price agreements to secure repeat business and commitment-based contracts
- Prepare, arrange and carry out tailored, high-quality on brand presentations to existing customers as well as help organize and attend relevant trade shows
- Provide data-led, and objective, projections to support with forecasting and reforecasting
What you’ll need …
To be successful in this role you will already have a proven track record of success in a sales management role and be used to creating a tailored approach to business development for short- and long-term gain.
You’ll also need;
- Proven success in developing and implementing strategy in line with company vision and values
- Previous success developing and managing a high performing team
- Great communication skills and confident communicating with senior customers and stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment and at times under pressure
- Previous experience of reaching accurate decisions, both quickly and confidently, based on data
- A proven track record of creating connections throughout a global business, with both your teams and stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills, able to adapt approach to suit a wide-ranging customer base
- Strong negotiation skills, responsive and creative with a keen visual sense when recommending imagery
- Knowledge of the basic fundamental legal considerations, including Copyright, when working with photography would be beneficial as would familiarity with customer management systems, specifically SalesForce
- Please note that whilst this job can be carried out remotely you will need to work New York hours
What you can expect in return …
In return for your commitment, we offer a competitive basic salary and a clear bonus structure.
We recognise your contribution to our continued success with an attractive benefits package which includes a generous 20 days annual leave.
At heart, Alamy is a group of people who care deeply about what we do and doing it really well. We don’t just talk agile, we live it, so that we can stay ahead of our competition and provide our customers and contributors with excellent service, a unique product and a great experience.
As a company we respect the work-life balance and reward for delivery. As a team, we’re passionate about doing the right thing and we’re nice – but not in a boring way!
Alamy and PA Group Values:
PA Group is committed to inspiring a positive culture and a work environment of Collaboration, Accountability, Integrity and Respect. We encourage our employees to display the behaviours that demonstrate these values.
At Alamy we embrace brilliant, passionate people who think differently and want to help us as we continue to build a global business we can be proud of. With hugely talented teams in the US, UK, India and Australia, our values shape who we are as an organization and help set us apart from our competitors.
We’re building and promoting a culture where difference is valued & everyone can be the best version of themselves and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
Want to know more and think you’ll fit in – let us know by applying today HERE
We will be considering candidates as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application as we may decide to close the advert early.