Mary Evans Picture Library is the UK’s leading resource for historical pictures and has been supplying the publishing, media and design industries with images from its extensive archives for fifty years. As part of our business development plans, we are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable member of staff to pro-actively support our Business Development Manager to develop sales with clients for a period of six months.
Responsibilities will include:
• Pro-active development of business with new and existing clients via telephone, email and face to face visits.
• Regular contact with clients in order to check on project progress and to maintain good long term working relationships with clients.
• Supporting the Business Development Manager with sales and marketing projects
• Occasional picture research to provide cover for colleagues
Skills and qualifications ideally required
• Excellent communication and telephone skills.
• Outgoing personality.
• A good eye for detail.
• A keen interest in and knowledge of history.
• Broad general knowledge.
• Proven administrative experience and computer literacy.
• Proven ability to prioritise work.
• Education to degree level, ideally in a history related subject.
• Foreign language skills would be advantageous, but not essential.
• Prior experience working in sales in a picture library.
Please visit our website at www.maryevans.com for more information about the library.
To apply, please send your CV, along with a covering letter in support of your application, and your salary expectation, via email to Paul Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by post to:
Mary Evans Picture Library
59 Tranquil Vale
Deadline: Wednesday 10th December 2014