In this role you will be responsible for providing sales and operational support to the Syndication team. You will work with key stakeholders in editorial and legal, ensuring content is rights cleared and delivered to customers timely to maximise sales opportunities. Some of the other areas you will be responsible for include
• Managing the marketing of News Syndication content and consumer products and ensuring that all marketing material is in place to send out to customers for new and incremental business
• Monitoring and liaising with all 3rd party partners who are licensing/selling consumer products using our content or trademarks
• Coordinating and delivering content to relevant parties and preparing mail shots promoting News UK content.
• Liaising with Picture Desks and the Content operations team to ensure rights are cleared and all content is uploaded onto relevant syndication platforms
• Manage and grow brand extension partnerships including sourcing and clearing content with editorial, overseeing marketing activities to increase revenue and raising invoices
• Day to day management of News Syndication eCommerce platforms including the categorisation and curation of content. Escalating technical issues with supplier when needed
• Tracking clearance emails in CRM and creating opportunities for brand extensions
• Responsible for dealing with customer and contributor queries, ensuring the appropriate salesperson is notified of issues as appropriate.
• Proactively assist the Sales Support and Development Manager with other duties to improve and streamline the processes within the department.
• Responsible for updating any legal restrictions on all syndication systems and any issuing instructions to any 3rd parties in possession of our content.
• Proactively respond to all inquires received by the department to ensure that clients receive the best customer experience.
• Consistently answer phone call and emails promptly to ensure clients receive a timely service. Pass on any queries to the sales team and track to ensure a timely response.
• Proactively ‘check in’ with contributors to update them on sales progress of their content and identify any additional opportunities to place their content.
• Monitor 3rd party websites where our content is sold to ensure they are conforming to News UK’s standards and their contractual commitments
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office
• Understanding of e-commerce
• Experience of managing third party relationships
• Good understanding of copyright and licensing
• Strong Customer Service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong eye for detail
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
• Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
• Excellent levels of customer service
• Proactive in solving problems and introducing process efficiencies
Due to the nature of News Syndication, flexibility over two shifts will be required to cover department hours of 0800-1800 with shift times 0800-1630 and 0930-1800. This role also requires you to work the occasional weekend and bank holiday shift to provide account management cover.
If you want to work for one of the world’s most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations, then News UK is the place to build your career.
News UK is a great company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are a company which has journalism at its very heart. Our newspapers and associated websites are some of the most powerful media brands in the English speaking world, reaching 30 million people each week. They are very different products with different values and different strengths, but all are united by a commitment to independent journalism that connects with our customers.
News UK is a company which thrives on pace. Our people stretch themselves on a daily basis, challenging the status quo to produce the best service possible to our readers and customers. We embrace creativity and initiative and we have some of the most talented people in the industry.
If you want to work for one of the world’s most exciting, challenging and creative media organisations then News UK is the place to build your career.
To apply for this job please follow this link https://newscareers.broadbeantech.com/jobs/view/1437.html Deadline 31 January 2016