Spotted by a PAN reader
Senior Digital Photo Editor, The New Yorker
The New Yorker is seeking a Senior Digital Photo Editor to join our Web team. S/he is responsible for photo research and licensing, preparing photos for publication on our website and social media, and some assigning of photography. This position reports to The New Yorker’s Photo Director.
- Research, edit, and license images to complement newyorker.com’s stories and, upon occasion, some weekly magazine stories.
- Commission original photography for newyorker.com and, upon occasion, for magazine stories.
- Prepare photos, captions, and credits for publication on newyorker.com and social media platforms.
- Coordinate web photo commissions with the Photo Director, writers, and story editors.
- Create composites when necessary for web and social platforms.
- Work with photographers, agencies, vendors, and the company’s licensing and business departments to create budgets, expedite contracts, and process invoices in a timely manner.
- Research, edit, license, and commission images for festivals and other magazine events.
- Research, pitch, and produce stories for newyorker.com’s photo blog, Photo Booth.
- Contribute to and organize photographer databases.
- Additional miscellaneous duties as assigned by the direct manager.