Reports To: Director of Content Strategy, Editorial
Rex Features, a Shutterstock company, is one of the world’s leading photographic press agencies and picture libraries. Headquartered in New York, Shutterstock is an innovative leading provider of images, videos and illustrations. With over 50 million images and videos, Shutterstock sources content from a contributor community of thousands of photographers, videographers, artists and illustrators from around the world. We consider our contributor community to be among our greatest assets.
The Staff Photographer position calls for an experienced, creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and disciplined professional to shoot editorial events; red carpet, celebrity, fashion, news. The primary responsibility for our photographers is to exercise expert judgment to capture editorial images for our global market and clients.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Photograph entertainment, news and fashion events.
- Use insightful judgment to shoot, edit and select the most impactful photographs ensuring that relevant aspects of a story are covered.
- Collaborate with picture editors to provide editing guidance and actionable feedback.
- Review images for technical quality aspects and overall integrity, and approve or edit captions for accuracy.
- Be available and prepared to travel for single and multi-day event assignments.
- Shoot, select and upload photographs with consideration for the market, customers and deadlines.
- Maintain operating knowledge and interest in UK and global entertainment events, news, trends, fashions, and celebrities.
- Build and sustain partnerships with public relations teams, event organizers, and assignment editors.
- Maintain full understanding of the global client base, expected deadlines and image preferences.
- Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- 3-5 years of professional entertainment, news, or fashion photography experience
- Lots of experience shooting, editing, capturing and uploading images from live events.
- Expertise working with industry standard image editing tools and processes.
- Proficient at creating and editing captions, keywords and media classifications.
- Existing productive relationships with public relations teams and event organizers.
- Excellent communicator, decisive, deadline-driven, people-oriented person.
- Experience collaborating with editors and technicians in high-activity fast-paced environments.
- Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and imminent deadlines.
- Available to work non-traditional schedules including evenings and weekend work.
- Software: Camera network connectivity, photo editing software and file sharing systems.
Location(s) London, UK
Please apply by using this link https://www.shutterstock.com/jobs/listings?gh_jid=614414