News Syndication – ‘News Syndication which handles all content licensing for The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun and the archives of the News Of The World and Today newspaper.’ require a Syndication Sales Executive at their London office to meet and exceed personal and departmental sales targets by licensing content to existing and new customers across the world.
Overview of Job
This role is responsible for providing sales support to the Syndication team, ensuring that content is rights cleared and delivered to customers in good time to maximise sales opportunities. Providing support to the Sales Support & Development Manager in managing the marketing of News Syndication content and products and ensure that all marketing material is in place to send out to customers for new and incremental business. Monitoring and liaison of all 3rd party partners who are licensing/selling consumer products using our content or trademarks.
Clear rights and sell to incoming customers as required and provide full sales and administrative support on a Sunday. Manage smaller accounts as agreed with your Manager.
Key Tasks / Ongoing responsibilities
• Coordinating and sending out content to relevant parties and daily mail shots promoting News UK content.
• Liaising with Picture Desks and the Picture Services team to ensure rights are cleared and all content is loaded onto relevant syndication platforms
• Preparing promotional and sales presentation material, sales letters and handling re-licensing requests.
• Monitoring CRM to ensure all opportunities have been logged and updated correctly to allow invoices to be raised in good time for month end.
• Responsible for dealing with customer and contributor queries, ensuring the appropriate salesperson is notified of issues as appropriate.
• Communicating problems with regard to processing invoices in a proactive manner by escalating the issues after a careful assessment of the problem.
• Proactively assist the Sales Support and Development Manager with other duties to improve and streamline the processes within the department.
• Responsible for checking and recording image usage within Newspapers/Magazine and Online websites and following up with salesperson direct, or the IP team in the event of an infringement.
• Responsible for updating any legal restrictions on all syndication systems and any issuing instructions to any 3rd parties in possession of our content
• Proactively respond to all inquiries received by the department to ensure that all inquirers receive the best customer experience.
• Consistently answer phone call and emails promptly to ensure customers receive a timely service. Pass on any queries to the sales team via and track to ensure a timely response.
• Proactively ‘check in’ with contributors to update them on sales progress of their content and identify any additional opportunities to place their content.
• Monitor 3rd party websites where our content is sold to ensure they are conforming to News UK’s standards and their contractual commitments
• Provide full sales role and administrative support for the weekend shift
Key Technical Skills Required
• Good understanding of copyright and licensing
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office
• Knowledge of Salesforce CRM software
• Working knowledge of SAP R3, including reporting
• Understanding of e-commerce site
Key Personal Skills Required
• Strong Customer Service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
• Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
• Excellent levels of customer service
• Good problem solving skills
• Proven sales ability
Please send CV & covering letter to Allison Summers: Allison@newssyndication.com