Business Director, Sport & Entertainment
Who You Are:
You’re a high-performing, creative and commercially-driven leader, with a strong ability and background in pitching and executing visual content solutions to support brand activations.
This is a Director-level management role for which strong experience and understanding of sponsorship, earned media, social media content development and brand activation strategies is crucial. You’ll be able to nurture and develop relationships across luxury brands, PR/brand activation agencies, sports rights holders, major event organisers and sponsors to position Getty Images as the go to source for branded digital content production, distribution and licensing.
Your Next Challenge:
- Manage a team of circa 7 Business Development Executives targeted on sport and entertainment-focussed customer spend growth and targets.
- Optimise the team’s capabilities to pitch products and services across Getty Images’ full Enterprise Solutions offering (focus is on photography and video assignment work).
- Focus on KPI delivery, customer engagement, and commercial return while demonstrating a natural aptitude to Getty Images Leadership Principles. Drive a culture of responsiveness and urgency to win market share.
- Identify and convert new revenue opportunities on assigned account base to generate a healthy revenue pipeline.
- Lead by example through mentoring and educating team members about trends, business models and approach to market.
- Maximise workflow efficiencies with systems (e.g. Salesforce), data/analytics, and leveraging Customer Service Associate support.
- Provide innovative solutions to managing operational costs while increasing productivity and efficiency at all levels on the sales team.
- Work collaboratively with other Getty Images departments: Studio, Finance, Marketing, Sales Operations, etc. to ensure service level, revenue recognition programs, and marketing programs enhance both the team and the customer experience.
- Work collaboratively to ensure consistency in business planning, sales management, revenue projections, and achievement of revenue goals.
- Develop and maximise outbound proactive sales methods including customer-facing presentations, phone relationship building, WebEx presentations, and client briefings at trade shows, sponsor presentations and industry events.
- Negotiate client contracts, including subscriptions and pricing agreements.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years sales experience, working in the sport and/or entertainment sectors.
- Experience managing, coaching and motivating commercially targeted teams.
- Deep relationships with high-level industry contacts/network; connections who can open doors and create opportunities at a senior level within both brands and agencies.
- Successful track record of B2B sales experience.
- High degree of accountability for results and a drive to exceed targets.
- Strategic thinking skills and ability to respond to change.
- Strong communication, negotiation, presentation and proposal development skills, with the ability to foster and maintain relationships via telephone, email and in-person.
- Drive for networking, both for opportunity and talent.
- Ability to learn quickly the dynamics of Getty Images’ broad product range so you can educate, cross-sell and up-sell effectively to clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment of change.
- Innovative, curious and passionate.
- Emotional intelligence – self-awareness, empathy, and an ability to self-motivate as well as inspire others.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million as
sets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com/. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.