spotted on the Conde Nast website:
GQ, Britain’s biggest-selling quality men’s magazine, is seeking a Photographic Director to join their London based Art department. The key purpose of this role is to source and commission all photography for GQ and GQ supplements.
Reporting to the Editor and Creative Director, your key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Sourcing top quality imagery for all sections of the magazine, negotiating rates, getting approvals, writing captions & credits, managing tight budgets and ensuring the magazine comes in under budget
• Producing every aspect of all photo shoots (except main fashion stories) from booking travel, organising catering, sourcing locations, to booking the stylist
• Briefing photographers, compiling mood boards and art directing shoots for all sections of the magazine
• Managing picture deadlines and ensuring the picture team have every image ready for the feature to be designed
• Conceive concepts and commission photographers for all shoots including cover and inside for every issue
• Liaising with Hollywood publicists over picture approvals and shoot concepts
• Producing, commissioning, editing all videos, audio and extra content for the GQ iPad edition of the magazine as well as managing the iPad budget.
The ideal applicant will be degree educated (or equivalent) and have extensive and proven picture editing experience. This role is full-encompassing with aspects of picture research, art direction, commissioning and picture editing.
Applications including a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with your name, the job title and reference number in the subject box.
About Condé Nast Publications (Conde Nast UK)
Condé Nast is home to some of the world’s most celebrated media brands such as VOGUE, GQ, Vanity Fair and more. In Britain, we set the benchmark for multimedia publishing excellence, with 13 print magazines and accompanying websites, as well as numerous tablet and Smartphone apps. We also run the Condé Nast College of Fashion & Design, located in the heart of Soho in London; a contract publishing division; and own the Condé Nast Johansens luxury travel guides, site and app.