spotted on the Martha Stewart Living website
The Photo Director will work alongside the Creative Director to ensure consistent photographic identity for Martha Stewart Living.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the production and scheduling of all photography stories for publishing in collaboration with the art department and story teams.
• Manage the work of photo editors to ensure photo shots are being produced in a thorough and efficient manner.
• Attend wall meetings to ensure the photographic direction is being communicated clearly to photo editors and to photographers being assigned.
• With photo editors, help maintain monthly photo shoot calendars for publishing.
• Seek out new photographer and keep art directors up to date.
• Manage the invoicing processes and procedures, including approvals, coding, and resolving discrepancies between photographers, vendors and accounting.
• Work with Business Manager for publishing to create templates and policies in order to control costs and continually update cost databases for photographer’s fees, film, and processing, and equipment rental.
• Hire photographers for stories, obtains estimates; assure that final invoices match estimate, work with junior photo editors to ensure invoices are coded, tracked, processed correctly for above publishing businesses.
• Hire illustrators for stories. Negotiate rights appropriate for budget and ensure art is received in a timely fashion.
• Create purchase orders for all photographers and illustrators for each project/assignment and track their return.
• Hire models and hair/make-up stylists, and scout locations as necessary for publishing. Track and maintain model and location releases, and provide certificates of insurance when necessary for all publishing stories. Obtain stylist contracts for hair/make-up stylists as necessary.
• Work on any special project as requested by Creative Director.
Any other duties as assigned.
Full details and to apply here