Senior Digital Technician
LAT Images (now owned by Motorsport Images)has been capturing the visual excitement of motor racing for over half a century, and its archive of powerful imagery extends far beyond that – to the turn of the previous century, in fact. That’s why LAT Images has become the motorsport industry’s number one destination for bespoke photography, contemporary sporting imagery, and archive material spanning virtually the entire history of the motor car.
The purpose of this role is to digitally select, edit, retouch and caption photographs from LAT and Sutton Images photographers or the LAT Archive and supply them to LAT clients and to maintain and improve workflows.
- Picture Desk duties during live events
- Timely delivery of technically-correct and accurately captioned digital images to clients via whatever channel they choose to receive them, including out-of-hours working.
- Keep clients and other members of the team up to date with work in progress in a professional manner.
- Keep filing systems perfectly organised so that images can be located instantly upon future client request
- Excellent communication.
- A high standard of work, paying attention to detail in all areas.
- Accurately and confidently edit and caption other photographers’ images at a very fast pace.
- Work to a photographic brief to find and package the photography our clients need.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience working in a professional sports picture desk environment, preferably with a mixture of editorial and commercial clients.
- Exceptional communication, keeping a distributed team and clients informed of moving targets and expectations.
- Working in a distributed team, to tight deadlines.
- Ability to keep workflows and filing systems organized.
- Experience working with current industry standard technology, imaging software and a range of digital transmission options.
- Basic image editing and correcting in Adobe Photoshop.
- More advanced retouching in Adobe Photoshop – image compositing, etc. (preferred).
- Experience working with photographic equipment, including cameras, lenses and lighting, in both location and studio environments (preferred).
- Ability to rapidly learn new software and concepts on the fly, and an enthusiasm for finding new ways to improve workflow with new tools.
- Experience using and looking after SLR camera equipment (preferred). Knowledge required:
- Good knowledge of motor racing in all forms.
- A good level of general knowledge of computer networking, data transfer protocols and file storage options.
- Basic understanding of current mobile phone & data systems such as 4G. Qualifications Required:
- A-level, Diploma, or HND-equivalent in some kind of photographic or computing discipline preferred.
- Full UK Driving license Job Type: Full-time.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org