Job Title: Celebrity / News – Photographer Splash News UK
Reports to: Picture Editor – London
As a Photographer, you are responsible for the day to day photographic and video cover on jobs assigned by the Picture Desk, including weekend coverage and 24/7/365 on call coverage. You will communicate regularly with the Picture Desk about pictures and video that are taken and any further details on those sets to ensure a comprehensive coverage of news and events.
• 1+ years of prior news photography, entertainment, sports or event photography essential.
• Strong interest in current events, news and entertainment coverage.
• Excellent visual-reporting, stills and video camera skills.
• Deadline-oriented; self-motivated and energetic; technologically savvy; adaptable; fast learner.
• Highly organised, capable of working without supervision; comfortable working under stress and in often chaotic, hectic work environments and within short time constraints.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong work ethic and a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Must have the ability to react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick responses.
• Relies on experience, judgment and pro-active problem solving to plan and accomplish goals.
• You will be required to work out of hours from time to time, and be available in emergencies.
• Must be available to work a flexible rota and shift pattern of work as provided by the Assistant Picture Desk Editor/Picture Editor.
• Excellent IT and web-based skills: Mac and PC.
• Strong spelling and grammar skills for captioning.
• Proven knowledge and ability to edit sets of pictures.
• Full clean driving licence and own vehicle with valid insurance, MOT and tax disc.
Daily contact with the Picture Editor, Assistant Picture Desk Editor, Pictures Desks and Sales and Finance Teams.
The above statements are meant to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.