*****DEADLINE CLOSED FOR THIS JOB****
Want to use your skills in photography play a vital role in bringing WaterAid’s work closer to our supporters – helping us make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone everywhere?
Join WaterAid as a Picture Editor as we work to change lives for millions of people so they can unlock their potential and break free from poverty. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The WaterAid Photography team produces award winning content that supports WaterAid both in the UK and globally to raise awareness of the global water and sanitation crisis and WaterAid’s work to change this. As part of the Brand & Creative team, we develop creative communications that have impact and deliver change: ensuring WaterAid leads the way with innovative and engaging storytelling content with clear brand purpose.
Full time, permanent contract. Some UK and international travel may be required.
As our talented and self-motivated Picture Editor you will curate and promote our best and most inspiring content, showcasing stories from around the world. The post-holder will work with Brand, Digital, Media and other teams across WaterAid’s global federation to ensure that our best content is used in the most engaging ways. With oversight of the photo library, UK shoots, and Voices from the Field briefs, this role will be a central point of communication between Photography and the rest of the organisation.
- Act as a photography champion in promoting great content and best practice across the federation
- Curate and promote content on WaterAid’s digital asset management system (Asset Bank) in easily accessible categories
- Identify gaps in photo content and commission accordingly via our Voices from the Field programme or freelance photographers where necessary
- Carry out image selections for brand assets, digital and social media channels and media pitches both proactively and as required by those teams.
- Responsibility for UK photography – shooting or commissioning
- Work with the Photo Librarian to regularly train staff in best practice when searching for and using images from our Asset Bank
- Edit large photo sets and give feedback on photos where appropriate
- Oversee Voices from the Field photography briefs
- Lead the development of 8 Voices from the Field Officers in relation their photography skills – both in shooting and editing their work
- Promote WaterAid’s imagery externally through awards and blogs
To be successful, you will need:
- Substantial experience as a Picture Editor
- A proven eye for outstanding photography, and the ability to match the strongest imagery with brand and messaging requirements
- Passionate about photography, with a depth of both technical and theoretical knowledge and an awareness of current trends in photography and image making.
- Strong copy-editing skills and understanding of what makes a good story.
- Knowledge of legalities in relation to image licensing, data protection, child protection
- Practical experience of Photoshop and Lightroom – sufficient knowledge to train others
- Sound experience of working with a range of stakeholders and developing relationships internally and externally
£32,900 with excellent benefits
WaterAid benefits include:
36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
Flexible working conditions, including the opportunity for part-time work and home working up to 2 days a week
Season Ticket Loan
Free annual eye tests
Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
To see the full job pack, please click ‘Apply’. Please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter into one document in either Word Document or PDF format.
Applications will close 23:59 on Sunday 24 January 2021. Availability for interview is required between w/c 01 February 2021. Due to COVID19 restrictions, we shall conduct interviews online by video call.
WaterAid is currently located at Canary Wharf, London and this will be your location and contract base. Due to current restrictions on office capacity the majority of our staff are working from home. All aspects of this including how we will support home working and the office transition will be discussed at the interview stage with you.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this post. In order to apply for this post, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in the UK.
WaterAid is committed to ensuring that wherever we work in the world there is no tolerance for the abuse of power, privilege or trust. WaterAid reinforces a culture of zero tolerance towards any form of inappropriate behaviour, abuse, harassment, or exploitation of any kind. The safeguarding of our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf, is our top priority and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff and volunteers are required to share in this commitment through our Global Code of Conduct. We will conduct the most appropriate pre-employment references and checks to ensure high standards are maintained.
WaterAid is an equal opportunities, disability-confident employer and committed to achieving the highest standards of diversity, fairness and equality. Should you have a disability and require any additional support, please contact us.
*****DEADLINE CLOSED FOR THIS JOB****