News and photo agency Reuters has announced the release of The Wider Image App. The app brings Reuters photography and information to life through an entirely new interactive experience. Launching with more than 100 stories by Reuters photographers across the world and is now available as a free iPad download from the App Store.
Watch the promo above – Key features of the app include:
– Interactive Formats – Each story expands from a single image to give more context through a variety of formats including slideshows, sequences and sounds. Read, touch and listen and transform the way you see.
– Explore Tool – Explore by date, location, photographer and themes. See what’s happening in places you care about. Discover stories in places you may never have known.
– Photographer Profiles – Get to know Reuters photojournalists through personal photographer profiles and in-the-field witness commentary. Follow your favorites to see new work as it is added.
– Country Profiles – Visually compare social, demographic and economic differences between the story’s location and your own.
– Daily Updates – Discover some of the best stories by Reuters photographers everywhere, with new images and stories every day. Uncover human perspectives beyond the news headlines.