Kinolibrary is a growing commercial archive film agency bringing unseen and rare archive footage to exciting productions across the world; supplying footage to blockbusters by the likes of Steve McQueen and feature documentaries like Summer of Soul. We work with many film collections and filmmakers offering an eclectic array of high quality historical films; from illegal raves in the 80s, the mean streets of New York in the 70s, to the modernization of 60s Dubai and underground punk home movies.
We are looking for a pro-active, enthusiastic Technical Operations Manager with a positive attitude to oversee the organisation of our growing library of film and digital assets, optimising technical systems and ensuring our clients get the best quality footage. Are you highly organised, able to juggle different projects and someone who enjoys managing people? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real impact within a non-corporate, growing company?
● Managing the digitisation team, overseeing the cataloguing and digitisation of priority content based on business needs
● Delegating, prioritising and keeping track of progress of multiple projects across the department/team, ensuring agreed deadlines are met
● Oversee the delivery of high quality, accurate clips in a timely manner to clients
● Ensuring essential IT systems are operating effectively
● Managing the cataloguing and digitisation of a variety of audiovisual formats, setting up systems and ensuring accuracy
● Ensuring the quality control of all digitised content meets company standards from the start to the end of the process
● Develop and adapt on an ongoing basis, effective KPI measures to both monitor the effectiveness and drive performance of the team
● Overseeing the sourcing of new equipment and software to facilitate the digitization process
● Planning the offsite storage units organisation and ensuring asset locations are logged accurately
Skills and Experience
● A minimum of 2 years experience managing a small team
● Knowledge of, and evidence of using, project and people management techniques to maintain team productivity and engagement in projects
● Aptitude for technical tasks, able to understand, learn and use a range of technologies
● Proven problem solving skills and the ability to show initiative and proactively engage in implementing solutions when appropriate
● An agile approach to working with new ideas and processes Desirable
● 2 years experience in a commercial film library or post production lab
● Experience of working with a wide range of digital audiovisual formats,
equipment and software
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Experience setting up, testing and refining new processes
● Knowledge of Final Cut Pro X
Wellbeing support including an Employee Assistance Programme
Regular social events
Salary based on experience
Hours: Full Time in the office, 10am-6pm Monday-Friday
Working From: Kinolibrary Studio in Hoxton, London
Please apply by emailing a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Technical Operations Manager in the subject line, any applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Applications close on the 14th of January 2023 and we are looking for the candidate to start ASAP.
Please note due to the volume of applications we will only be able to respond to applicants who have been shortlisted.