Licensing Sales Executive
We are hiring a commercially focused individual to work as a Sales Executive on the News UK Licensing team, selling content from our titles which include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times.
The successful candidate will be responsible for generating revenue by licensing pictures, text, audio and video to a variety of publishers and platforms. Tasked with growing revenue across a specific portfolio, they will need to demonstrate strong communications and sales skills along with an excellent knowledge of the media landscape.
- Drive monthly sales to achieve and exceed personal and team targets.
- Build strong relationships with clients through regular phone calls and face to face meetings.
- Cold call where appropriate to develop business opportunities.
- Develop innovative and original sales packages.
- Develop strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders e.g. Contributors and Editorial departments to establish content rights and clearances.
- Preparation of term sheets and (in conjunction with legal) contracts.
- Work with the accounts and credit control teams to minimise bad debt.
- End to end administration of your own sales.
- Working a weekend shift and Bank Holidays on a rota basis.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven prospecting, negotiation and sales skills.
- Excellent understanding of the sales cycle, including personal and departmental performance against targets.
- Strong understanding of copyright and content licensing.
- Good understanding of best practice and opportunities across the industry.
- Good understanding of Salesforce CRM software or equivalent.
- Experience of working in content licensing for media organisations or photographic agencies.
- Experience of a sales focused environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Work under pressure to ensure customer deadlines are achieved.
- Demonstrate strong team working skills.
**** THIS ROLE HAS BEEN FILLED ****