Note: The deadline for entries has been extended to 6th May 2022 (Midnight PDT)
Entries for the World Sports Photography Awards 2022 are open …running to the 29th April 2022.
Alan Whiter – ex Action Images and now Commercial Director at the awards creator TwelfthMan – launched the awards in 2019 on PAN – view the winning images that year, and it’s grown well gaining a major sponsor in MPB – the online platform for used photography and videography equipment.
TwelfthMan say: ‘Nothing captures the emotion of sports like photography. World Sport Photography Awards celebrates the best sports photography by the best sports photographers. With images from over 20 different sports as well as thematic categories, the World Sports Photography Awards tell compelling stories of the emotion, passion, athleticism and focus that are at the heart of sport.’
‘The World Sports Photography Awards are the only global awards for sport photography. Entered by the world’s best sports photographers, judged by leading figures from sport, media, politics, brand and creative. Designed to recognise and celebrates incredible sports images and the photographers who take them.’
What you need to know and how to enter:
• This is the third edition of the awards.
• The awards are open to professional and semi-pro photographers based anywhere in the world. There will also be an •Amateur chapter of the awards opening for the general public in July, after the pro/semi-pro chapter has ended.
• Photographers can submit up to 20 photos taken between 1st January 2021 and 31st December 2021.
• Entry is completely free.
• Images can be submitted across 27 different sports categories.
• The deadline is currently Friday 6th May 2022 (Midnight PDT).
•Sponsors, MPB, are generously offering prizes in the form of credit for the winners.
• New judges joining the panel this year which we’re excited about, including Dev Sethi, Director of Emerging Athletes and Sports Creators at Meta, and Courtney Vermaas, Women’s Brand Marketing Director at Nike.