Salary £27,030 per annum
Location: IWM London
IWM (Imperial War Museums) tells the story of people who have lived, fought and died in conflicts involving Britain and the Commonwealth since the First World War. Our unique collections and five museums reflect the realities of war as both a destructive and creative force. Many of the materials from the IWM’s collections are available to purchase and license with high resolution images, audio files and HD clips accessible to creative professionals worldwide via IWM’s licensing teams.
About the role
We are looking for a Content Manager to enhance and develop our digital collections for commercial platforms. The role is offered on an initial 6 month fixed term contract.
A pivotal role for driving the licensing business forward, the Content Manager will be responsible for developing our digital collections for sale. The key objective for the role is to assist with the distribution of digital assets to international agents which includes content selection and enrichment of legacy metadata to meet customer requirements
• Collaborating with collections professionals across the organisation to identify and research content with maximum commercial potential
• Responsible for content upload to photo agency platforms
• Development of digital asset packages – image/clip selections and themes
• Creating new captions and keywords to improve the searchability of assets, and preserving this data in the collections management system
• Responsible for commercial keywording and data preparation, applying professional judgment to edit and enhance existing legacy metadata, ensuring it adheres to captioning guidelines
• Use Google Analytics and industry research to feed into content strategy priorities
• Experience of working with digital collections in the museum or archive sector
• Experience of metadata preparation and key-wording for commercial platforms
• Demonstrable knowledge of C20 and early C21 British History
• An expert eye for spotting the most interesting pictures/clips in online databases
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel
IWM provides a number of great benefits for employees including:
• Our generous full-time equivalent annual leave allowance is 25 days per annum plus public holidays
• Access to our Pension Scheme arrangements including employer contributions.
• 20% discount in all IWM’s on-site shops / 25% discount in IWM’s cafes.
• Free entry to a large number of other museums & galleries and their exhibitions which we have reciprocal arrangements with.
• Access to our in-house training programmes and development
• Access to an interest free season ticket loan scheme after three months service.
• Access to a Ride 2 Work Scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, and Career Development Advice.
Please apply by filling in an online application form via the IWM website.
All applications should be received by 9am Thursday 31st March 2022.