The Press Photo History Project aims to record every photographic agency and press photographer operating in the UK from 1904 – to the present. The project also aims to explore the working relationship between photographs and newspapers.
We are currently recording the photographers and agencies of Fleet Street In particular we are collecting information, names, places and dates relating to the workings of photo press agencies and newspaper photo departments through written memories and images. You can read a few of these here:
• Remembering Fleet Street: Bruce-Miles – The Times Picture department 1950s
• A day in the life of a Fleet Street photo press agency 1960’s
• Identified: Central Press lunch break 1965/70 – Photos
• Central Press photo agency staff ‘incredible reunion’ after 45 years
• Peter Smith – My life in Fleet Street
Full details: www.PressPhotoHistory.com