This from the Guild:
Shutterstock, the international stock and imaging agency, has agreed to sponsor the UK Picture Editors Guild Awards for a further two years. The Guild is honoured to be associated with Shutterstock in this successful partnership that is now entering its fourth year.
We are also pleased to report that the Fuji Young Photographer of the Year award has gained the support of the Press Association who will offer the winning student works experience with a Press Association photographer. Group Picture Editor for the Press Association, Martin Keene, said that the Press Association were delighted to be involved with aspiring new talent.
The Picture Editors Guild Awards will open for entries on November 1st 2018.
The Guild has been made aware by judges of previous awards of the frustration of repetition of entries in the same categories. To stop this the guild has decided to change the rules so that you may enter as many portfolios in a category as you like, but the pictures in any portfolio must not appear in any other portfolio you enter in that category. In response to photographers’ requests we have changed the site so the first entry will allow up to 5 pictures for the normal categories and up to 20 for the essay. Once that “block” has been uploaded then it reverts to remove/replace single pictures. We hope that this helps those uploading images. This will appear as a change in the Terms and conditions. Eligible pictures for entry must be taken between November 1st 2017 – October 31st 2018
A few details on the Awards:
• You must be a press photographer or photography student living in the UK
• Awards site opens for entries November 1st
• Awards site closes to entries December 2nd
• December 8th : Awards entries given to judges
• January 13th : judging ends
• January 20th : shortlist published; work on programme begins
• Programme deadline February 11th
• UK Picture Editors Guild Awards night March 25th 2019, to be held at the HQ for Honourable Artillery Company
Details and to Apply HERE