**Applications are closed for this job**
Bridgeman Images is the prestigious international fine art & photo archive specializing in licensing fine art,
cultural and historical images. Founded in 1972, the company’s corporate headquarters is located in London’s
Notting Hill Gate with additional offices in New York, Paris, Berlin and Bologna. The company represents over 2000 museums, galleries, artists, estates and archives worldwide and its clients include magazine, trade and educational publishers, TV and Film Studios, stationery product companies plus commercial and digital agencies. Its offices provide a pleasant work environment with a team of dedicated colleagues.
Job description: Copyright Administrator, Content Partnership Team
The primary responsibility of this role is to manage all copyright claims both against Bridgeman Images and raised by Bridgeman Images against infringers of its intellectual property and the intellectual property of the Estates, Artists, Photographers, Videographers and all other Content Partners that it manages intellectual property rights on their behalf.
Under the direction of the Content Partnership Team, the successful candidate will work collaboratively within the department to identify and contact potential infringements. The candidate will address the needs of our estates and artists and photographers as relates to copyright and copyright infringement. The candidate will oversee all received copyright infringement claims, liaising between the Content Partnership Team, our insurance company and our IP lawyer to always produce a satisfactory resolution to each claim.
The role reports directly into the Global Head of Content Strategy & Partnerships and will be based in our London office.
• Identify potential copyright infringement opportunities for Bridgeman Images to act on behalf of our estates, artists and photographers.
• Instigate a series of procedures to implement copyright infringement claims against third parties.
• Negotiate settlement fees with copyright infringers in consultation with the Content Partnership Team, the infringed Content Partner and our lawyer.
• Handle all copyright infringement claims against Bridgeman Images.
• Liaise with all Content Partners and account managers to assess the validity of each copyright claim.
• Liaise with our copyright lawyers in each territory on how best to respond to copyright infringement claims against the company.
• Liaise with our insurance company on each copyright infringement claim to resolve in a manner approved by them.
• Ongoing analysis and assessment of the archive to identify any potential content of concern and liability for infringement claims against the company.
• Liaise with existing Content Partners to verify any rights clearance issues in the submitted content.
• Provide support to colleagues in the Content Partnership Team in outlining and promoting our Copyright Infringement Policing to help sign up new Content Partners.
• Work closely with Marketing, IT, Finance and Bridgeman’s sister company, the Artists’ Collecting Society in supporting the needs of our Content Partners as relate to any copyright infringement claims.
Tasks may change and evolve from time to time depending on changing content requirements.
• 2 years’ experience working in a legal or copyright administrative role.
• Experience within a cultural environment or working with artists and estates is a benefit.
• Graduate qualification in law, copyright or rights management.
• Knowledge of content licensing.
• Experience of copyright law, IP, trademark, personality rights, and data protection.
• Understanding how IP laws may vary internationally, especially in the UK, USA, France, Germany and Italy is a benefit.
• French, German and / or Italian language is a benefit.
• Knowledge of NFTs and the copyright issues surrounding their creation and selling is a benefit.
• A confident, enthusiastic, and innovative team player, experienced in working independently and handling a demanding, varied workload.
• Comfortable working in a team environment with accountability for helping to achieve group and individual targets and timelines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and thorough understanding of Microsoft Office, CMS platforms, CRM systems, basic Photoshop and social media platforms
• Appropriate software and hardware skills with proficiency in excel
• Number of resolved copyright infringement cases settled without any loss of revenue.
• Number of copyright infringement cases identified and worthwhile for Bridgeman to pursue.
• Revenue generated in copyright infringement fees for Bridgeman and its Content Partners.
• Grow the revenue generated in copyright infringement fees for Bridgeman and its Content Partners year on year.
• Resourceful, highly organized and detail oriented who displays a flexible and positive attitude to take on any task
• A relationship builder both internally and externally
• Prepared to work as part of a small, passionate, and dedicated team
• A motivated team player with excellent time management, who understands that effective growth can only be realised if the Content Partnership Team work effectively and harmoniously together and in consultation with stakeholders from other departments and other companies.
• Proactive, takes responsibility and works with initiative, energy and good sense of humour.
**Applications are closed for this job**