••••This ad is now closed••••
Job title: Image Licensing Executive
Fixed term contract: May/June 2023 to July 2024
Division: Audiences, Commercial & Digital
Department: Licensing & Business Development
Hours/FTE: 36 hours per week, full time
Salary: £30,100 per annum
Reports to: Image Licensing Manager
The Victoria and Albert Museum is the world’s leading museum of art and design, housing a permanent collection of over 2.8 million objects, books and archives that span over 5,000 years of human creativity.
This role is positioned within the V&A’s commercial department. The Image Licensing team grants reproduction rights to use images of the V&A’s extensive and varied collections, offering inspiration and expertise to designers, editors and researchers working across all media sectors, from publishing to broadcast and advertising.
We have a vacancy available for an Image Licensing Executive to cover a 12 month secondment. The position is full time from May/June 2023 until July 2024 with the possibility of extension. It will involve licensing images of the V&A’s collections for commercial use, developing new business and managing content on the V&A Images website.
• Develop a good knowledge of the V&A’s collections, digital content and licensing policy to communicate effectively with clients and respond to research and licensing requests.
• Build and maintain relationships with existing and prospective clients, promote V&A content to them and seek out new business opportunities. • Achieve sales targets by responding promptly to enquiries, negotiating fees and invoicing clients to meet deadlines. Maintain client databases and ensure payments are received in good time. • Develop a good understanding of copyright law to identify content suitable for licensing and respond effectively to any copyright queries. • Manage and upload digital content to the V&A Images website to highlight different areas of the collection, maintain and update metadata to improve discoverability of images. • Work across departments to arrange digitisation of museum objects for client requests and to highlight new content for sales and marketing projects.
The above job description is intended to be an outline of the duties and responsibilities for this role. This is not exhaustive, and it is likely to change over time. You may be expected to undertake other duties that are commensurate with this role.
• An outgoing, enthusiastic individual with a creative and flexible approach. • A team player with excellent organisational and communication skills and an eye for detail. • An interest in visual imagery, photography and the Arts. • Experience of working with the assets of a museum or arts organisation and of ensuring compliance with all appropriate policies, procedures, contracts and relevant legislation.
• Experience in a sales and research role within the picture industry. • A good working knowledge of Photoshop, Excel and Word. • Experience in digital asset management and knowledge of copyright laws. • Proven ability to manage multiple priorities whilst meeting deadlines.
• Respects others’ expertise, time, perspectives and contribution.
• Takes responsibility for delivering on actions, achieving high-standards and learning from mistakes.
• Open to change, new ideas and suggestions; looks for opportunities for improvement and self-development.
• Works with others outside their own department in a collaborative, understanding, and engaging way.
Net working hours (i.e. excluding meal breaks) are 36 per week.
Normal working hours are 9am-5.15pm Monday to Thursday and 9am-5pm Fridays.
Deadline 22nd March 2023
••••This ad is now closed••••
View the V&A Images listing on PAN