Junior Licensing Agent
AUGUST · London, England, United Kingdom (Hybrid)
About the job
Position Title: Junior Licensing Agent
Location: London, UK.
This position works with and supports AUGUST senior licensing agents and international partners. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Facilitating sales requests from our international partner network (sub-agents), including negotiating final terms and fees if necessary.
Direct sales to Spain and Australia where we have no third-party partner, and sales into markets where we have a non-exclusive contact with our sub-agent as needed. Plus, any direct sales as assigned by the senior agents.
· Sales: As outlined in the Purpose, the central focus of this role is to support clients and sales requests in an efficient and timely manner. AUGUST is industry leading in both quality of our collection and the service clients can expect. It is expected this role will work to further support that level of service and support client requests with immediate responses and professionalism.
· Candidate must be friendly and pro-active in his/her approach to sales, including pitching new content as it enters the archive and keeping track of client lists and past requests.
· Maintain strong client, partner, and photographer relationships.
· Accounting support: Regular support of bookkeeper as needed, specific focus on accounts receivable/collections, direct invoicing to partner agencies and occasionally clients. Update monthly sales report for direct billing of partner agencies. Assist agents with invoicing when necessary.
· Monitor Accounts: Work in tandem with accounting to ensure final payment on your sales.
· Client Research & Management: Ongoing maintenance of assigned client contacts in our CRM. Capturing new client details in assigned markets in an immediate timeframe, as well as researching new clients in assigned markets, inclusive of applying industry categories and other key data. Monitor media, advertising and publishing industries in your markets to capture new sales opportunities. Use social media tools, particularly LinkedIn, to grow client contacts.
· Agency support: Learn aspects of the high-end licensing business by monitoring the activity of the senior agents, other staff, founder, and asking questions ongoing to become knowledgeable of the entire business. Key areas include helping photographers with their PR agreements, getting a basic understanding of photographer/client contracts, negotiations, usage standards and license types.
· This position will have regular contact with all staff, represented photographers and clients. Must be well spoken on the phone and have good instincts in relation to handling different personalities.
· London-based, with the ability to work well in a hybrid workplace environment (minimum 2-3 days a week in central London co-working space (Somerset House) and remote)
· Have a strong interest in Pop culture (film, music, magazines, fashion, etc.) and be curious about editorial and cultural events and news in general.
· Enjoy all aspects of Photography as both an art and a business.
· Fundamental understanding of photo licensing.
· A minimum of 1 year of experience in photo licensing or a related field.
· Bachelor of Arts Degree and photo industry experience preferred but not required.
· Previous experience supporting creative professionals with the ability to interact with artists, producers, and clients in a professional manner is a plus.
· Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are essential. Attention to detail and quality a must.
· Must have a team attitude and be willing to work in a rapidly changing and demanding environment.
· Must be able to act effectively with minimum direction when working as a part of a team and work well independently as needed. A strong assertive personality, driven to get things done. Self-starter a must.
· A positive, enthusiastic, team player that is flexible, and capable managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Must be computer literate in applications in Apple environment. Applications include: Outlook, Word, Excel, Keynote. Skilled in Content Management Systems, and Digital Asset Management, Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
· Innovation & Creativity
· Quality & Attention to Detail
· Respectful & Open Communication
· Decision Making & Judgment
· Job Knowledge
· Results focused and hard working.
If you, or anyone you know, might be interested in a new role working alongside Jessica Ruzicka, Global Sales Director at AUGUST at the Somerset House in London, please get in touch at email@example.com with a CV and any questions.