Bridgeman Images is the prestigious international fine art & photo archive specialising in licensing fine art, cultural and historical images. Founded in 1972, the company’s corporate headquarters is located in London’s Notting Hill Gate with additional offices in New York, Paris, Berlin and Bologna. The company represents over 2000 museums, galleries, artists, estates and archives worldwide and its clients include magazine, trade and educational publishers, TV and Film Studios, stationery product companies plus commercial and digital agencies. Its offices provide a pleasant work environment with a team of dedicated colleagues.
Job description: Photo Editor, Content Operations Team
The primary responsibility of this role is to review and edit all new photography to select the best images that align with the company’s Content Strategy and ensure the highest digital and metadata standards are maintained.
Under the direction of the Content Operations Team, the successful candidate will work collaboratively within the department to review the definition, quality, size and colour of the archive and to develop and maintain best practices in metadata standards whilst working with diverse sources of ingestion,
The role reports directly into the Global Head of Content Operations and will be based in our London office.
• Review and edit all new content to select the best images that align with the company’s Content Strategy and Quality Control.
• Periodic review of existing content in our database to ensure that it fits within the company’s Content Strategy and Quality Control.
• Define and review the definition of the company’s Quality Control in size, colour and metadata of every image and footage file.
• Maintain best practices across the Content Operations and Research Teams for image quality and metadata.
• Develop and maintain best practices in working with diverse sources of ingestion, including but not limited to FTP, Studio Platform, csv ingestion.
• Oversight of the ingestion and withdrawal of the content.
• Maintain and develop tools that will provide for the continued adoption and improvement of the cataloguing and ingestion process.
• Use photo editing software tools and applications to correctly adjust and manipulate photos.
• Analyze results from Google Analytics to improve the metadata standards of the archive and ensure successful and relevant search results for our clients.
• Work with our Content Partnership Team and Content Partners to advise and improve all new and existing content submissions.
• Internal communication within the Content Operations and Content Partnership Teams to support decision making.
• Support internal requests from the Sales, Marketing or Research Teams for content improvement (photoshop, colouring of document, photo colour chart improvement, size and quality improvements).
• Work closely with Sales, Research, Marketing, IT, Finance and the Content Partnerships Teams broadly in supporting the needs of the business as it relates to image quality and metadata.
Tasks may change and evolve from time to time depending on changing content requirements.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a photo editing capacity.
• Minimum of 5 years working, professional level knowledge of Photoshop, Fotostation, Adobe Editor, Excel, FTP, API.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Digital Asset Management systems.
• Strong knowledge and experience working with IPTC technology.
• Strong knowledge and experience working with Google Analytics.
• Experience working with video, and video editing software and tools.
• Experience working with thesaurus systems and controlled vocabulary.
• Knowledge of content licensing and the photo agency industry is a plus.
• French, German and / or Italian language is a plus.
• Understanding of copyright and IP law is a plus.
• Experience within a cultural environment, working with photographers, artists & estates is a plus.
• A confident, enthusiastic, and innovative team player, experienced in working independently and handling a demanding, varied workload.
• Comfortable working in a team environment with accountability for helping to achieve group and individual targets and timelines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and thorough understanding of Microsoft Office, and CMS & DAM platforms.
• Number of new assets added to the archive each month.
• Number of existing assets improved to conform to our quality standards.
• % of the archive that adheres to industry standards (in IPTC, digitization, metadata)
• Accuracy of metadata for both existing and new content.
• Resourceful, highly organized and detail oriented who displays a flexible and positive attitude to take on any task
• A relationship builder both internally and externally
• Prepared to work as part of a small, passionate, and dedicated team
• A motivated team player with excellent time management, who understands that effective growth can only be realised if the Content Operations Team work effectively and harmoniously together and in consultation with stakeholders from other departments and other companies.
• Proactive, takes responsibility and works with initiative, energy and good sense of humour.
Please apply to:
Global Head of Content Partnerships