BAFTA is seeking a new Photography Assistant to join their busy Content team
BAFTA’s photography plays a critical role in the organisation, from feeding communications channels & creating an archival record of activities while providing essential revenue to support the charity and acting as a symbol of the excellence to which BAFTA champions. The Photography Assistant role provides direct support to the Photography Director on the creation, management and delivery of BAFTA’s core photographic work from event reportage through commercial sales.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
• Supporting Photography Director & Junior Producer on all photography commissions, acting as a point of contact and liaising with all relevant stakeholders internally & externally; you will also compile commission documents, call sheets & and running orders;
• Providing key support to all departments and branches on daily photography production tasks, e.g.: delivery of assets to BAFTA partners, curate images for use on social channels and various internal materials, research archive imagery & providing support to Communication team for press releases;
• Providing key support to the Photography Director in delivering images to BAFTA’s syndication agency, ensuring visual assets meet the highest standards while embedding, correct & detailed metadata;
• Assisting with the administration of Thirdlight, BAFTA’s DAM system, including setting up colleagues on the service while being the main point of contact for user queries;
• Responsible for daily photography production tasks which include logging photography requests while responding to external enquiries as well as ad hoc editing, retouching and general management of visual assets – ensuring all commissioned imagery is delivered on time and uploaded to the Thirdlight and archived to secure storage;
• Responsible for inputting accurate and detailed information into commission documents and call sheets for all photographic commissions & delivering these to all relevant stakeholders internally and externally in a timely fashion;
• Sourcing and booking equipment, props, transport and crew (as directed) for all photography shoots. Attending these shoots as requested and offering support on site (including load in and load out).
• Take responsibility of in-house photographic equipment and log when teams and colleagues borrow equipment.
• Set up meetings and diary management.
Ideally you will be:
• Be passionate about photography and bring great ideas
• Keen on developing your skills in the creative sector
• Be honest, open, willing to ask questions and ask for help when needed
• Thrive when working as part of a team but also be confident at working remotely
• Be driven to produce excellent work
• Have an interest in sustainability and limiting the impact events have on the environment
• Be a confident communicator who is approachable, helpful and can be assertive
• Be accepting of travel, weekend and evening work where required
For a full job description click here
To apply click here
BAFTA is a leading arts charity focused on championing creativity, opportunity and social change for all through the transformative power of film, games and television.
Enrich the cultural landscape. Level the playing field. Be progressive. Inspire and celebrate.
We champion practitioners in film, games and television, regardless of background and life experience. We provide community for our members and strive for progressive industry and cultural practices. We recognise exceptional storytelling through our awards.
People from all backgrounds will have opportunity to thrive in the screen industries, bringing rich, more diverse stories for us to celebrate.