Salary Details: Competitive
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world. Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Your Role: You will be responsible for liaising with Editorial teams and the Content Operations teams to ensure licensing rights are cleared and all content is uploaded onto the relevant websites. In addition you will liaise with contributors, ensuring necessary licensing rights are obtained, issuing licensing contract agreements as and when required
Weekend cover for the department will be required on a rota basis, providing sales and operational support for the weekend shift.
Day to day:
• Daily management of all News Licensing Digital Asset Management platforms including the categorisation and curation of content.
• Coordinating and delivering content to clients and preparing mailshots promoting News UK content
• Using Salesforce CRM to record opportunities, clearance emails from contributors and editorial
• Responsible for updating any legal restrictions on all licensing platforms, issuing instructions to third parties in possession of our content.
• Manage the corporate awards websites creating new award sites when required
• Licensing the logo in relation to the various corporate awards that appear within our newspaper titles throughout the year
• Liaising with third party suppliers to facilitate merchandise orders for corporate awards
• Managing the licence renewals process for corporate awards
• Manage and grow brand extension partnerships including sourcing and clearing content with editorial and overseeing marketing activities to increase revenue
• Quarterly tracking against the corporate awards and brand extensions sales target
• Invoicing using SAP system
• Supporting the department in their marketing requirements, including updating social media and briefing designers on the creation of marketing literature and trade show collateral.
• Proactively respond to all inquiries received by the department to ensure that clients receive the best customer service
What we’re looking for from you:
• Ideally you will have experience in a similar Licensing role or hold a Media Degree with knowledge of copyright and licensing
• Excellent time management, organisation and prioritising skills
• Ability to think and act quickly under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
• Understanding of our business/market place
• Commercially focused
• Basic experience with Photoshop preferable
• Prior experience of working in the licensing industry preferred but not essential
Life at News
At News UK some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
• A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
• 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
• Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
• Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.