Shutterstock this week released some financials celebrating it’s 13 year growth from 2004 to 2016 – the main figure we picked up was the $500 paid to contributors over this time.
• 225,000 photographers
• 1.7 million active customers
• 5.5 downloads per second
Shutterstock data reveals that certain subjects drive high customer demand for contributors’ work. These include:
- People – Real people in real life situations. All ages, all backgrounds.
- Healthcare – Everything health-related, like medicine, wellness, and insurance.
- Buildings – Local places in major cities.
- Sports – Individual athletes and team sports.
- Nature – The extreme side of weather.