**Closing date for applications June 28th 2023, 9:00 AM**
Location: IWM London
Salary: £24,929 per annum
Hours: 36 hours net per week
Department: Commercial Services and Operations
Media Sales & Licensing
IWM’s multimedia collections covers all aspects of conflicts in which British, Commonwealth or former Empire countries have been involved since the start of the twentieth century; including 11 million photographs, 30,000 oral history recordings, an exceptional art collection and 25,000 hours of moving images.
High-resolution images, audio files and archive footage are accessible to creative professionals all over the world and used in many ways; from book covers to documentary films and museum displays. To grow revenue for the museum, we have ambitious plans to develop our licensing business, optimising the customer experience, increasing access to our digitised collection, and building new revenue opportunities.
Purpose of the job
We are seeking a Licensing Executive to join our small team based in London. The role involves handling film supply and licensing. You will be working with film specialists to build upon existing client relationships and seek out new opportunities to achieve monthly/quarterly sales targets. In this role you will be dealing with enquires about IWM film content and carrying out certain administrative duties associated with our licensing business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who can hit the ground running. The ideal candidate will have an interest in 20th and 21st century history, excellent attention to detail, professional sales experience, and the confidence to deal and negotiate with customers.
• To facilitate the access, supply, and licensing of film collections material to media professionals, including advice on collections content and copyright and using our online HD clip supply service.
• To take active responsibility for the development of sales leads that derive from customer inquiries, meeting and exceeding targets as assigned.
• Respond promptly to copyright and licensing inquiries, with excellent customer service.
• Negotiate pricing within established guidelines. •
• Provide research assistance, developing a good knowledge of the IWM film collection.
• Actively seek out and engage with business development opportunities, by involvement in activities
such as email campaigns, attending industry events, and assisting in compiling clip collections.
• To build and drive revenue through relationship management, maintaining service levels.
• Support all pre/post sales activity as and when required, including the wider commercial offer of Media Sales & Licensing which includes images and sound.
• The input and management of customer data, ensuring data protection procedures are followed.
• The appropriate management of all financial and contractual procedures within your control.
• To actively participate in team meetings and business planning, working across departments effectively.
• To represent and promote the Media Sales & Licensing offer, the film collection, and IWM.
This job description is not all-encompassing. Over time the emphasis of the job may change without changing the general character of the job. Your duties may be reviewed from time to time and revised and updated in consultation with you to reflect appropriate changes.
Click here for Full details and to apply.
View the Imperial War Museums PAN listing.